Audi A3 2014-2016 Headlight Update Bi-LED Projector Lens
The Audi A3 is a small family or subcompact executive car manufactured and marketed since the 1990s, by the Audi subdivision of the Volkswagen Group, now in its 3rd generation. The first two generations of the Audi A3 were based on the Volkswagen Group A platform, which they share with the Audi TT, Volkswagen Golf, Volkswagen Caddy, and Volkswagen Touran, as well as SEAT León, SEAT Toledo, and Škoda Octavia
This Audi A3 2014 has an original Hella 6 projector lens. But as time goes on, this projector lens lighting becomes weaker and weaker. Now New Hella 3R and Koito bi-LED projector lens become more and more popular in the car headlight retrofit market. Bi-led projector lens has a brighter output and long lifespan. It is time to update bi-led projector lens.
Well, You know that Audi A3 headlight adopts cold glue. It is so difficult to open it. But now we can update the projector lens from the backside of the headlight. It does not need to open the headlight cover.
So easy to retrofit it.
OK, Let’s do it , please follow me.
- Heat the tail of the lamp with a hot air gun. And then cut some part of it with a small knife as the photo show.
- Remove the socket from the lens reflector and take it off included the lens cutting shield.
- Remove the motor by turning it counterclockwise
- Cut the plastic and socket. Please be carefully in this step.
- Remove the original lens and bracket
- Install the original motor back.
- Install our metal retrofit adapter.
- And then install the update hella 3R or biled projector lens directly.
- If you need shrouds, you can choose our black small shrouds RY-DS3015.
- Put the plastic black cover back with royalin retrofit tools
- All finished.